If you are a fertility patient living in Australia or New Zealand, you are at least 18 years old and you are interested in sharing your views about how COVID-19 has impacted your treatment, your physical and emotional wellbeing, and the support you have been able to access, then we’d like to invite you to participate in this research!
This involves completing an anonymous online survey.
- Participants will be asked questions about their fertility treatment during COVID-19, their physical and emotional wellbeing, and access to support
- The survey will take approximately 20 minutes to complete
- Responses will be anonymous
- The aim of this research is to better understand the needs of patients embarking on or undergoing fertility treatment during the global pandemic and to inform practitioners about areas of clinical priority.
The study is a joint project being conducted by Dr. Sonja Goedeke (Senior Lecturer in Psychology, Auckland University of Technology), Dr. Sarah Nowoweiski (NewLife IVF), Dr. Melissa Oxlad (Lecturer in School of Psychology, University of Adelaide), and Dr. Iolanda Rodino (Fertility Counsellor, Private Practice, Perth IVF).
If you are interested in participating, please click on the following link for more information and access to the study questionnaire:
If you have any questions, please contact:
Dr Sonja Goedeke (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr Sarah Nowoweiski (Sarah@newlifeivf.com.au)
Dr Melissa Oxlad (email@example.com)
Dr Iolanda Rodino (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Thank you for your interest in this study!
This study has been approved by the Human Research Ethics Committee, The University of Adelaide, H-2020-225, and Auckland University of Technology Ethics Committee, 20/289
UPDATE @ 1330 Monday 26th April 2021 Perth and Peel Region Lockdown
To Our Valued Patients
Premier Mark McGowan has just now advised that the 3 day lockdown for the Perth and Peel regions will end as planned at 1201am on Tuesday 27th April 2021. Some restrictions remain, please take note below:
1) Day 1 patients are welcome
2) All cycles will continue
3) Theatre procedures will continue
4) MASKS are MANDATORY. No masks, no entry
5) Check in via the SAFEWA app or register is required upon entry to the clinic
6) All clinic doors will be re-opened as of Tuesday 27th April.
7) A 4 sqm rule will be in place. Please maintain this at all times, except during episodes of care.
8) Patient meetings will be required to be conducted in line with this 4 sqm ruling. Online meetings can be conducted.
9) If attending for bloods or ultrasounds please attend alone. Partners or support people will not be allowed into the ultrasound or phlebotomy rooms.
10) Partners unfortunately will not be allowed in the theatre complex as per Government rulings.
11) No children are to be bought to the clinic.
12) Reading material, refreshments will not be available.
13) Some delays may occur in entering the clinic due to screening requirements.
14) You may be required to verify you have not attended any of the named HOT SPOT locations
15) If you are found to have been at one of the hot spots at the designated time you will be refused entry to the clinic until you can provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test.
16) If you are UNWELL or experiencing a high temperature, sore throat, etc. please contact the clinic before attending.
17) Upon your arrival to the theatre complex you will be given a clean mask to wear whilst in the theatre environment.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation with these guidelines. Further updates will be published as new information comes to hand.
Keep Safe. Be Safe.
The Concept Team
Perth Lockdown Announcement 23rd April 2021
To our valued patients.
We are aware of the recently announced 3 day Perth lockdown announced by Mark McGowan on Friday 23rd April. The team is just working through the requirements and announcements about our services will be announced via our website www.conceptfertility.com.au, Instagram page #conceptfertility and Facebook. We do request you check these sites for information before ringing the clinic.
The Concept Team
Back To Normal For Opening Hours
From Monday, May 4th our Subiaco location will be back to our normal hours.
We will be open from:
- 7:30 am until 5 pm Monday- Friday
- 7:30 am until 4 pm Saturday
- 8 am until 4 pm Sunday (and public holidays)
Coronavirus Infection – COVID-19 and Pregnancy
You will be aware of the current outbreak of Coronavirus. Most people infected will have mild disease including women of reproductive age but infections can be severe and even deadly. At this time we have an extremely limited understanding of this infection in pregnancy.
Current information is based on experience from past coronavirus illnesses (SARS in 2002 and MERS in 2012) and data from pregnant women who have had an infection with COVID-19.
• Pregnant women do not appear to be more susceptible to infection with COVID-19.
• It must be stressed that it is unknown if pregnancy can increase the severity of COVID-19 infection.
• No evidence of transmission from mother to baby during pregnancy was seen with SARS or MERS infections. Based on currently limited information this appears to be the same for COVID-19.
• Risk for miscarriage does not appear increased with current data but our understanding may change as more information becomes available
• It is unknown whether COVID-19 can be transmitted through breast milk.
During pregnancy close attention to measures to reduce the risk of acquiring this infection must be followed.
Pregnant women will be strongly advised to have vaccination when this becomes available. Vaccination for the annual influenza virus is also recommended in pregnancy if not already administered.
Where possible pregnant women should avoid crowds, avoid public transport and consider working from home. Pregnant women are advised to avoid all non-essential travel. It is safest to stay at home and to avoid public spaces.
Guidance may change as the outbreak spreads. Keep informed.
The following basic measures are recommended for all people to follow:
• Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds. Soap and water are best but when not possible hand sanitiser will suffice.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw in a bin.
• Cough or sneeze into your elbow if no tissue
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Contact a health professional if you have symptoms of Covid-19. The most common are fever, a dry cough, and shortness of breath.
• DON’T touch your face.
• DON’T travel if you have a fever and cough.
Important Notice regarding our Leeming clinic.
READY, SET, GO. WE ARE BACK IN BUSINESS!
The green light has been given to recommence IVF services. Wonderful news for so many of you and for us. We will now be taking Day 1 patients and bookings for all other services. Due to the anticipated number of phone calls, we will be receiving we are returning to our full capacity of administration and nursing staff over the coming days. Please be patient with us as we kick back into gear.
The safety of you, our patients, our staff, and future offspring remains paramount so the following measures will be undertaken. These measures are supported by our certifying body, RTAC.
1) Physical and social distancing measures of 1.5 meters are requested to be adhered to at all times where possible.
2) Entrance screening questionnaires will need to be completed and a temperature recorded before entering the building. If your temperature is recorded >/ 38 degrees, regrettably we will not be able to allow you entry.
3) There will be restrictions placed on the number of people able to wait in the waiting room. We will be adopting a Single Entry Policy with some exceptions** otherwise, attendance by partners and children is strongly discouraged.
4) During busy periods and to ensure we adhere to social and physical distancing you may be required to wait outside. We apologise for this.
5) To ensure appropriate cleaning between patient episodes of care, wait times may be slightly longer than normal.
6) Hand Sanitiser stations are positioned throughout the centre and staff will regularly attend to the wiping down of communal areas and equipment.
7) Our coffee making facilities and family area have been closed.
8) We encourage the use of Concept’s own pathology services to minimise attendance at multiple healthcare facilities and service providers.
** Partners can attend pregnancy ultrasounds provided they meet the entry criteria.
If you are or have experienced a fever or any respiratory symptoms like coughing, shortness of breath then we do ask that you do not attend Concept until your symptoms have passed.
Other measures to ensure your safety:
1) Online Doctor Consultations (Telehealth)
2) Online Counselling appointments (Telehealth)
3) Patient Meetings will essentially require 2 appointments in order to minimize time spent in the clinic:
- To collect a package of medications and paperwork
- A Phone/Skype/FaceTime remote appointment with the Nurse Coordinator to explain medications, give instructions, and answer any questions.
We are excited to be back and even more excited to be welcoming you back to Concept.
The Concept Team.
The Counsellors at Concept Fertility Centre are available to support our patients undergoing all ART procedures during this unprecedented time of COVID-19.
Here at Concept, we are privileged to have counselling services offered by approved fertility counsellors, Iolanda Rodino and Antonia Clissa, each with more than 20 years of clinical experience in the field.
To schedule an appointment, please contact the Concept Reception Team on 08 9382 2388.
Counselling sessions are currently held only via Video conference, such as Zoom and FaceTime.
Please check with a reception with regard to charges that may apply.
COVID-19 ENTRY SCREENING
(Effective Tuesday 24th March 2020)
To our valued patients and support personnel,
Here at Concept Fertility Centre, our number one priority is the health, safety, and well-being of our patients, visitors, and staff. As a privately owned healthcare facility offering healthcare services to the community, we are facing many challenges with regard to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Concept Fertility has had to further assess its practices and entry restrictions to ensure we can better protect our patients and the larger community during this difficult time.
Entry Restrictions for Concept Fertility Centre
Patients will be unable to access Concept Fertility in the following circumstances:
1) If you have traveled from overseas into Australia in the last 14 days effective Tuesday 24th March 2020
2) If you have had contact with any person (relative, friend, colleague) who has recently arrived into WESTERN AUSTRALIA from overseas or interstate
3) They have been in close contact with a proven case of COVID-19
4) They have been in close contact with a person awaiting results from a test for COVID-19
5) Present to Concept with signs of a fever ( 37.5 degrees), cough or cold.
Upon entering Concept you will be greeted by a Triage Nurse who will ask all persons to complete a screening questionnaire. Your temperature will be taken if you meet the entry requirements. If you answer YES to any of the questions, it is with regret, we will not be able to allow you entry into Concept.
We understand the impact, both physically and emotionally, these restrictions may have on our patients, however, we all have a social responsibility to assist in slowing the spread of the COVID-19.
Please understand your health and safety, as a patient undergoing treatment at Concept, will not be compromised.
The Concept team is happy to answer questions you may have so please contact us, 9383 2388.
This website and our Facebook page will be updated if changes occur.
I sincerely thank you for your understanding and assistance during such challenging times.
Director of Nursing